Student Essay Writing Competitionin: Contests | 09.07.2017
Essay writing is not just a method of academic assessment, but also an art. This is an art of reporting and describing about a topic. It not only requires storytelling skills, but also the presentation of the story. With our Essay Writing Competition, we want to discover essay writing talent from the student community. This also acts like scholarship for students and lighten their load of academic expenses.
This Essay Writing Competition will run a year long (till 1 June 2018) and each month, we will be announcing 13 prize winners.
So participate in our Essay Writing Competition to win cash prizes (top 3 winners) and13 top winners will get an opportunity to be our authors in our blog section, each month. We will inform the winners on their email ids and phone calls.
The entree to this competition is FREE.
- 1st Prize: $450
- 2nd Prize: $250
- 3rd Prize: $150
- 10 consolation prizes: Authorship on our blogs and 1 printed mug.
Essay topics (The topics might change each month)
1. My horror story regarding Plagiarism.
2. My experience of first day at university.
3. My idea for academic evaluation of students at university.
4. The future of university education in 22nd century.
5. My first internship experience.
6. Job or Startup after University?
7. Coping studies along with part time job.
8. Studies, Love, Passion… A deadly combination.
9. Getting my first job after university.
10. 5 things you would change in your university.
Kindly fill this form to confirm your registration (Compulsory)
- Choosing more than one topic is allowed. More than one submission is allowed.
- The decision of the judges of ExpertAssignmentHelp will be final and binding.
- ExpertAssignmentHelp reserves the right to use all the submitted entries for whatsoever purpose they deem fit.
- All entries will be checked for plagiarism. Plagiarized articles will be rejected and the participant will be banned from participating in any future competition as well.
- Language for the essays will be English only. .
- Participating in the event means that you agree to abide by all the rules of ExpertAssignmentHelp.
- You should be the only author of your essay. Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Formats accepted are .doc, .docx, .rtf
- Your essay document name should be in this form : <yourname>_<SEWC> and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be allotted points under three sections as explained below. Finally, points from all the three segments will be added to judge the winners. The three segments are explained below.
1. Essay Content (200 points)
- Maintain word limit: Your essay should be in between 800- 1000 words.
- The essay is to be written in perfect English language.
- Your essay should be 100% plagiarism free. It will be checked on plagiarism check software before being considered.
- Use active voice, multiple paragraphs to make it readable, add pictures to make it engaging and interesting.
- Your story telling capability will be judged.
2. Announcement points: Sharing your participation on Facebook (Each announcement contributes 3 points)
It’s fun to get motivational wishes from your friends when you are participating in a competition. That is why we want you to share your participation news on your Facebook, so that your friends know about it. You would need to use hastag #EAHEssayCompetition along with your message. Do not miss to use this hashtag as our social media team will find your message using this hashtag.
You may use this message: “I am excited to participate in ExpertAssignmentHelp’s essay writing competition and win $450. #EAHEssayCompetition”
3. Social share points: Peer review through social media (Each ‘Like’ contributes 1 point)
We think peer review is an important factor to judge your essay. Top 13 essays will get space on our website under your authorship. We will be sharing the link with you which you can share through your social media and other channels. We will count the number of Facebook likes on your Essay page.
You may use this message: “I have participated in ExpertAssignmentHelp’s essay writing competition and have been selected in top 15. You can check my essay on the link below and read it. If you really like my essay, then press ‘Like’ button on the page. This will increase my chances of winning this essay competition “
Tags:International, Scolarships, Grants, Contests, competition, opportunities
1. Everything Change Climate Fiction Contest 2018
Another crisis we are facing as a world is Global Warming or Climate Change. You are invited to submit a short fiction in any genre which should not exceed 5000 words. They note in the website, “Climate change is so massive and sometimes so ineffable that we need all the tools of narrative to adequately understand it and share short stories and experiences about it.”
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Prize: $1,000 for the winning story and $50 for nine finalists.
Check out their website for more detail: ASU
2. ZEISS Photography Award 2018 ‘Seeing Beyond Untold Stories’
ZEISS and World Photography Organization are calling upon ambitious photographers to submit a series of photos. The photo series should tell a story that has never been told or a story that has not been told well. “The work could explain a familiar theme told from a different perspective or it could address an issue that has had previously little attention.”
They welcome any form of photography.
Deadline: February 6, 2018
Each entry should consist of a series of 5-10 images including a description of the images.
For more information do check their website: World Photography Organization
3. Biopage Mini-Essay Writing Contest
Biopage notes we are living in an era of social media whereby pictures and videos are the most uploaded and shared, little is spared for words which is the real language of communication. “We are in the age of social media. It is everywhere, around us, mostly pictures and videos.
Not enough words, sentences, paragraphs.
To communicate with clarity and depth, nothing is better than the real language, with words.”
This contest is aimed at reminding people the importance of words which are effective in communicating something with clarity. They are inviting you to submit anything about anything but you need to be economic with your words as the limit is 1,000 words.
Prizes: $1,000 for the winner and $200 for three runners up.
Deadline: February 28, 2018
They have provided some hints on what you can write about: “You can write about good life experience, or embarrassing, frightening experience. You can write about relationship, your boss, or a weird situation. You can write about your interest, tennis or golf or baseball, music or video or movie or games, and books! You can write about childhood, school life, college, and that job you love or hate. And traveling of course, you can write about your favorite city, and the best place for vacation.”
For more information check their website: Biopage
4.Student Video Contest 2018
Currently, the world stands at over 7 billion and as the years go by the population is expected to increase drastically. The huge world population creates a myriad of challenges of which the organizers of these contests are calling upon the students to offer some insight and solutions in some areas they have indicated.
They note, “We now live in a world of over 7 billion people and demographers expect us to reach 9 million by mid-century.
Human population growth exacerbates many of the innumerable challenges facing our global society.
Taking on these complex challenges and finding solutions will require understanding, cooperation and creativity.”
You are required to create a video which should not exceed one minute which should address any of the following topics which are challenges facing the world:
- Advancing women and girls
- Feeding 10 billion
- Preventing pollution
They state, “All videos must include:
- How population growth impacts the issue
- At least one idea for a sustainable solution
Remember, you should narrow “your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic.” They have provided some suggestions of the subthemes in each topic which can you base your video on.
Deadline: February 22, 2018
Check out their website here.
5. The Independent Photographer
The aim of Independent Photographer is to showcase or expose the works of photographers from all over the world.
They hold monthly contests on photography but each month contains a different theme.
The theme for February contest is STREET. As regards to this theme they state, “Street photography has been one of the most exciting and influential form of photography since the creation.
From candid and unexpected street situations to meticulous geometric scenes within the urban sphere: We are in the lookout for photographers finding those spontaneous and fleeting moments.
Whether the subject is your own urban environment or as you explore other territories and cultures.
Street photography can take many forms: Show us YOUR streets!
Enter the street photography competition in February and win $1500 cash.”
Deadline: February 28, 2018
For more information check out their website: Independent Photographer